Spring in the Garden

Spring in the Garden

Tuesday 5 May 2009

The Rockery

I'm not sure if it's actually a rockery, but as it is on a slope and has rocks in it, that's what we call it. It had got very overgrown and looked rather sad, so last year hubby cleared out all the plants and weeded it. Then I weeded it a bit more and replanted it, adding lots of potting grit as alpines hate getting waterlogged.

Our efforts seem to have paid off and I'm rather pleased with how it's looking at the moment. It just needs a liberal sprinkling of alpine grit as a finishing touch to keep the weeds down and the moisture in.



































1 comment:

  1. Hello Karen, what a fantastic rockery! I'm interested to hear all about your green lifestyle and will check in often. Come and say hello at mine!
    Have a lovely day
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments, it's always good to hear encouraging words or relevant hints and tips.