Spring in the Garden

Spring in the Garden

Monday 7 February 2011

Bullfinch

Yesterday I spotted a bullfinch on one of the bird feeders.  Shame he didn't visit when I was counting birds for the Big Garden Bird Watch.  It was an overcast day, so I needed my binoculars to see him properly and I didn't notice if he had a mate nearby.

As my camera isn't good enough to take a photo of something so far up the garden, here's a picture I found on the RSPB website, where you can find pictures to help you identify most birds as well as examples of birdsong and lots more.

2 comments:

  1. Such pretty birds, what a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They don't come too often, or at least I rarely see them, but they seem to visit a few times most years.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments, it's always good to hear encouraging words or relevant hints and tips.