Spring in the Garden

Spring in the Garden

Monday 24 January 2011

Chickens and Sprouts

Once I cleared out as much of the muck and old straw as I could yesterday, I put down some new straw and gave the chickens fresh water.  Then I threw a sprout plant into their run, minus the few decent sprouts on it.  I thought I'd take a photo of the chooks attacking it.  Notice they seem to find the earth nearly as interesting as the leaves, but poor Robin had trouble getting a look in where the green stuff was concerned.

2 comments:

  1. Chickens are fantastic waste disposal units on legs, they really enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly did. Not much of it left now.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your comments, it's always good to hear encouraging words or relevant hints and tips.