Spring in the Garden

Spring in the Garden

Sunday 21 June 2009

The last of my Spring cabbages

Things are growing quite well in the garden at the moment. I just harvested the last of my pointed cabbages, which had been attacked a bit by a couple of slugs and some tiny green maggoty things. However, this was the worst one, most of the others only showed slug and snail damage on the outer leaves, which we don't eat.















I had covered them over with a small fleece tunnel, which successfully kept the pigeons and caterpillars off.

Also copper rings kept the slugs and snails off until the plants got bigger and the leaves flopped over the rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments, it's always good to hear encouraging words or relevant hints and tips.