Spring in the Garden

Spring in the Garden

Monday 21 March 2011

The First Day of Spring

Today is officially the first day of Spring and our cherry tree is in full blossom.  Last weekend it was still in bud.  I was really pleased to get this photo of a honey bee on the blossom.  There were several honey bees around and I also saw a bumble bee (white tailed, I think).





 The garlic I planted towards the end of January is looking good



and the broad beans, which I planted near the beginning of January have come up at last. I use Aquadulce, which is a hardy variety that can be planted in the Winter.  I prefer to sow the seeds in November when I can as this is meant to give the crop a head start where blackfly are concerned.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your comments, it's always good to hear encouraging words or relevant hints and tips.